The Parents and Friends Association, with the authority entrusted to it by the Archbishop, is to assist the school fulfill its mission in accordance with the Code of Canon Law, Archdiocesan Synod directives, and guidelines and policies of the Catholic Education Commission and the Catholic Education Office.
The Parents and Friends Association has a key role in developing the community of parents, students and staff.
The Parents and Friends Association is the key parent group in the school. It provides a forum for parents to:
- provide input on parent priorities and suggest ideas about Catholic schooling.
- work closely with the Principal and staff.
- support the School Board and its policies.
- raise money for resources.
- recommend to the Board the level of P & F levy, if such exists.
- collaborate with the School Board in determining the priorities for the disbursement of P & F funds.
- provide student services e.g. canteen.
- provide support for school programs e.g. Gross Motor Program, working bees.
- provide opportunities for social interaction and for parents to form supportive networks.
- appoint member(s) to the School Board.
Membership is open to all parents/guardians of students of the school and other individuals who support the school and accept the functions and rules of the Association.
Meetings are held in week 3 and week 8 of every term on Tuesday night in the school hall at 7.00pm and conclude at 8.00pm. The Annual General Meeting is held in August.